Candle Christmas Craft
This Candle Christmas Craft for kids is easy and fun and will keep them occupied for ages.
You can also try different colored candles, like red and/or green along with the gold to make it really colorful.
If you make the candles varying sizes and colors, they look lovely assembled on a mantelpiece or table but just remind the kids that they are not for lighting!
Time: 30 minutes (maybe longer if the kids are having fun!)
Candle Christmas Craft - What You Need
- Cardboard rolls (like you get in paper towels)
- Plain card
- Craft Knife (get an adult to use this)
- Card, ribbon, sequin, glitter etc
- Colored Marker pens
- Gold paint spray
How to make a Christmas Candle
- Place one end of a cardboard roll on the plain card and trace round the end to create a circle. Cut out the circle and then using a craft knife, cut a slit in the middle of the circle. The slit is where you will insert a flame later. Glue the circle to one end of the cardboard roll.
- Cut another circle from the plain card but this time; make it a couple of inches bigger than the previous circle. Glue this to the other end of the candle. This circle will form the base and will stop the candle toppling over.
- Protect your work surface with plenty of newspaper. Spray paint the cardboard rolls and allow to fully dry.
- Using the glue, ribbon, sequins, glitter etc, decorate the outside of the candles.
- Cut out a flame shape from the card making sure you add a little tag flap at the base of the flame. Color the flame in fire colors and then insert the tag flap into the slit you previously created at the top of the candle.
- Group the candles together on a tray or place as a centerpiece on your table or on your mantelpiece.
Warning: Don't place these cardboard candles near real flames as you might cause a fire.
Kids will love making and decorating these Christmas candles. The younger kids might need some help but they will have a lot of fun.
You Might Also Like:
More kids party craft ideas
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Candle Christmas Craft