Homemade Christmas Crackers
I've been making homemade Christmas crackers for years. They are fun and easy to make and so much cheaper than bought one. The best bit is choosing what to put inside them - fun gifts, silly gifts, personalized gifts and so on.
And if you are having a CHRISTMAS BIRTHDAY PARTY then these Christmas Crackers make a great craft activity.
Time: 30 minutes
Homemade Christmas Crackers - What You Need
- Tissue or crepe paper.
- Cardboard tubes (like you get from paper towels)
- PVA glue and brush
- Glitter, tinsel
- Small gifts
- Cracker snaps (optional)
- Christmas cards or items to decorate your cracker
Homemade Christmas Crackers - How to Make
- Cut the tissue (or craft) paper so that it is 20cm (8 inches) longer than the cardboard roll and wide enough to roll round it with a small overlap.
- Lay the cardboard roll in the center of the paper. Place a thin line of glue along one of the long edges of the paper and then roll it up so that it is well secured around the cardboard roll.
- Optional : Insert a cracker snap through the middle of the cardboard roll making sure that both ends of the cracker snap are poking out of the cardboard roll. Then feel where one the end of the cardboard roll is and pinch in the paper like you would round a sweet. Tie it with a ribbon.
- Now pop a small toy/candy/gift of your choice into the open end of the cracker and then secure the other end as you did above.
- Decorate the outside of your cracker with glitter, tinsel and small images cut out from old Christmas cards.
- Place your crackers on the tree or round the dinner table.
You Might Also Like:
More Christmas Craft Ideas
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
More Kids Party Craft Ideas
> Homemade Christmas Crackers