Make a Bookmark
As a kid I would make a bookmark for my dad every year. And even now my daughter makes one for her dad.
A bookmark is very easy to make so perfect for all age groups and as we all know, everyone needs a bookmark!
What You Need to Make a Bookmark
- Strong colored craft paper
- Felt pens or crayons
- Sequins, stickers, decorations
- Small photo of your dad
- Sticky back plastic
- 20cm length of colored ribbon
How to Make a Bookmark
- Cut a strip from the craft paper/card about 15cm long by 5cm wide. At one end, trim off the corners so that you have a pointed shape.
- Using your felt pens, decorations and your imagination, design a picture or pattern on one side of the card. If this is a gift fro someone in particular, on the other side write a few words to them such as "To a Special Dad".
- When you are happy with your design, stick on some sticky back plastic to keep the bookmark strong and clean. You could also use wide sellotape.
- Punch a hole in the pointy end of the bookmark and thread the ribbon through and then tie a knot as close to the bookmark as you can.
- As an extra treat for the recipient, you could also buy a book to go with it.
You Might Also Like
Soap on a Rope
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
T Shirt Painting
More kids party craft ideas
> Make a Bookmark