Make Soap On a Rope
Kids can make soap on a rope and it makes a great gift or birthday party craft for older kids.
Making your soap is really easy and you can have a lot of fun using different shapes, colors and smells. And because it has a rope, you can hang the soap on the tap and there will be no more chasing the soap on the floor of the shower. I'm sure we've all done that at some point!
What You Need to Make Soap on a Rope
- Soap flakes (you can buy them in a box from the supermarket)
- 50cm length of thick colored cord
- Liquid food coloring
- Perfume oil
- Small cup
- Bowl and wooden spoon
- Vegetable oil
- Colored cellophane and ribbon
How to Make Soap on a Rope
- Fold the cord in half and tie the loose ends together in a largish knot.
- Using a small cup, measure out 4 cups of soap flakes and 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix the flakes and water together with a wooden spoon to form a nice dough rather like play dough.
- Add some food coloring, a few drops at a time, until you have the desired color. Then add a few drops of perfume oil.
- Using your hands, mould the soap into a shape (a ball is easiest) around the knotted end of the cord. Then leave it all to dry in a warm place for about 2 days.
- When your soap is fully dry, wrap it in some colored cellophane and tie a nice ribbon round it.
You Might Also Like
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Make Soap On a Rope