Mystery Party Kids
Mystery Party Kids - this is one of my favorite party themes. The kids just love the element of surprise and of being super sleuths. What's more it is great for kids of all ages right up from ages 7 to teens and for boys and girls.
OK let's get those super sleuths pumped up with this kids mystery party theme......
Invitations - Mystery Party Kids
Here are some ideas for your kids mystery party invitations :
- Write the kid mystery party invitations on stiff card. Cut into pieces and place in an envelope. The kids have to piece the bits together to find the party directions.
- Prepare the party invitations and cut up into sections. Send out sections over a period of days so that the kids have to keep on guessing. For example:
Day 1: The date
Day 2: The time
Day 3: The place
Day 4: Who has invited them.
- Write the kids mystery party invites in code. Place in an envelope marked "Top Secret". Let the kids try and crack the code and then send out the code breaker a few days later.
- Make a large template of a magnifying glass. Make copies on strong craft paper and write the party instructions on the glass.
- Cut out letters and words from old newspaper and magazines. Use these to create the party invites.
- Alternatively you could buy some ready made mystery invitations. I just love these SECRET AGENT INVITES.
Decorations - Mystery Party Kids
- Make an extra large magnifying glass from some strong card and hang it on your gate or door to welcome the guests to the kids mystery party.
- Have a special welcome for the birthday kid with this impressive PERSONALIZED SPY BANNER
- Make large footprints out of black card and leave a trail from your gate to your front door.
- Make the room a bit dark and eerie. Dim the lights, put wanted posters around the room and cut-outs of handcuffs, magnifying glasses and messages in secret codes.
- Make a jail in one corner using an old chair surrounded on a wooden platform. You can use this for the Polaroid shots activity.
- Get some BIRTHDAY CRIME SCENE TAPE and tie it across the doorway to the party room. Put up a sign saying, "Only Mystery Personnel may enter".
- Decorate the table with a large disposable paper cloth and write on it mystery messages with big question marks.
Food - Mystery Party Kids
- Mystery Cake
Make a cake in the shape of a question mark or alternatively make a magnifying glass cake. This is quite simple if you follow my Easy Cake Recipe and make one 7" round cake and one oblong cake which can be placed together and then iced in black and white.
- Code cupcakes
Make cupcakes and ice them with words in Morse code.
- Riddle cookies
Make cookies and insert a riddle rather like fortune cookies.
- Footprint cookies
Make cookies using a foot template
- Mystery juice
Make a fruit cocktail using a blender/juicer and get the kids to guess what is in it.
More Kids Party Food Ideas
Activities - Mystery Party Kids
Divide into pairs and issue each child with a pencil and paper. Have each pair sketch each other but without letting anyone else see. Write their name on the back along with which suspect they sketched. Attach the pictures to the wall and let the guests try and guess who is who. Give prizes for guessing the correct sketch and prizes to the artists if someone correctly guesses their sketch.
Dig out all your old makeup and let the kids disguise each other with bushy eyebrows, moles, spots…. Have lots of makeup remover to hand!
Police At The Door
Invite a real policeman to the party as a surprise and get him/her to talk about his police work or methods that they use to solve crimes such as fingerprinting.
Hire an Entertainer
How about inviting a mystery guest such as a magician or illusionist. Find entertainers in your area.
Games - Mystery Party Kids
For a whole treasure trove of secret sleuth games such as:
Super Sleuth Vision
Police Vision............CLICK HERE!
Favors & Prizes - Mystery Party Kids
Place kids mystery party favors in a plain brown paper bag stamped with "Top Secret". How about :
- Notepad and pen
- Mini magnifying glasses
- Disguise props such as false beards and goofy glasses
- Hand cuffs
- Sun glasses
- Water pistols
- Puzzle comics
- Disguise kit
- Code deciphering books such as:
The Spy's Guidebook with CDROM (Amazon.com)
Spy's Guidebook (Amazon.co.uk)
You May Also Like:
Mystery Party Games
Kids Party Home > Party Themes
Kids Party Themes
> Mystery Party Theme