Painted Flower Pot
This painted flower pot craft is one of my favorites and is a great kids party craft for all ages. They do take a bit of time to dry so you might want to do this craft early on in the party or alternatively you could give them to the kids the following day (if that is feasible!).
Time: 1 hour plus drying time
Painted Flower Pot - What You Need
- Clay flower pot and saucer
- Acyclic paint and brush
- Rubber band
- PVA glue to seal the pot
Painted Flower Pot - How to Make
- Mix together three parts PVA glue with one party water. Brush all over the flower pot and saucer and leave to dry. This helps to seal the pot and to give it a waterproof surface. Tip: You could do this the day before the party so that the kids can get straight into painting the pot.
- Paint the outside of the pot and its inner rim and the outside of the saucer in your chosen color. Leave to dry and then repeat.
- Now paint the pot in your chosen design. For example you could put white snowflakes on a blue base or green Christmas trees on a red base. Tip: if you want to paint on horizontal bands, place the rubber band around the pot and use that as a marker for painting.
- When you have finished painting and it is fully dry, paint the pot and saucer again with a mixture of PVA glue and water as you used in step 1. This will help protect the paint.
- Place a plant in the pot and you have a special gift for someone.
You Might Also Like:
More kids party craft ideas
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Painted Flower Pot