Soft Bake Cookies
These Soft Bake Cookies are one of my favorite. Kids love them, adults love them and you can play around with the flavors or what you put in them. White choc chips, peanut, fruit and marshmallow.....you won't be able to resist!
Ingredients for Soft Bake Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Makes about 24
Equipment: 3 Baking sheets lined with parchment paper, Large mixing bowl plus 3 smaller bowls, wooden spoon
- 175g butter or margarine softened
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g white chocolate broken into small pieces
- 40g glacé cherries, chopped
- 40g mini marshmallows
- 40g no-need to soak dried apricots, chopped
- 75g unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
How to Make Soft Bake Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ gas mark 5 and grease and line three baking sheets with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, vanilla essence and salt. Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix well. Divide the mixture evenly between three bowls.
- Mix the cherries, apricots and marshmallows into one of the bowls of biscuit mixture, the chocolate pieces into another and the peanuts and peanut butter into the third.
- Divide each of the mixtures into eight, mold into rounds and place well apart on the three baking sheets. The marshmallow cookies will spread the most so use two baking sheets for these if your baking sheets aren't particularly large.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until firm and lightly browned then leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Note: These cookies are best served slightly warm. However to save preparing them on the day, you could make them in advance to the stage before you put them in the oven. Freeze on lined trays overnight, then place in freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to use, remove from the bags, place them on lined baking trays and bake as normal plus 3-4 minutes.
Favorite Party Food Cookery Books
Kids Party Home > Cookies and Treats
Have You Got a Great Cookie Recipe That You Want To Share?
If you have a great recipe for kids cookies or cakes, then come on down and share it!
> Soft Bake Cookies