All in One Cake Recipe
This all in one cake recipe has got to be the easiest kid party cake recipe in the world and I am a big fan of easy things!
Everything just gets put in the bowl all at once, mix it up, cook it and you have a great birthday cake or cupcakes.
This all in one party cake recipe forms the basis for all my kids' birthday cakes and you can adjust the quantities for whatever tins you are using - square, shaped, cup cakes etc.
Ingredients for All in One Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Makes 2 x 8 cm/7 inch round cake or 12 cup cakes.
Equipment: Mixing blow, wooden spoon, cake tins or patty tins plus cupcake papers, silicone paper, cooling rack, sieve, teaspoon
- 1 cup self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft margarine or butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- To finish: icing (confectioner) sugar, jam or frosting
Method for All in One Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C.
- Grease and line two 18 cm (7 inch) sandwich tins with grease proof or silicone paper or place 12 cup cake papers in a patty tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well, preferably with an electric hand mixer. If the mixture doesn't fall off a wooden spoon easily when tapped on the side of the bowl, then add 1-2 teaspoon of warm water. Mix again.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two cake tins or the cupcake papers, level off and bake on the center shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes. Do NOT open the oven whilst the cake is rising.
- To test if the cake is cooked, gently open the oven door and whilst the cakes are still in the oven, insert a knife in the center of one of the cakes. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If there is cake stuck to the knife give it 3-5 more minutes cooking time.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave the cakes to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Then slide a knife all round the inside of the cake tins, tip the cakes out on to the wire rack and leave to cool completely. If making cup cakes in paper cases, you can leave the cakes as they are.
- When cool, peel off the paper, and sandwich with the filling of your choice.
Home > Cookies and Treats
Have You Got a Great Recipe That You Want To Share?
If you have a great recipe for kids cookies, cakes or drinks, then come on down and share it!
> All in One Cake Recipe