Christmas Box Craft
An easy to make Christmas Box Craft for kids that makes a great gift or storage box. It is a great way too of recycling old boxes, wrapping paper and Christmas cards.
The box you see in the pictures is one that my daughter made about 8 years ago and it is still going strong and being used to store our Christmas tree lights.
Time: 1 hour (+ glue drying time)
What You Need
- Used Christmas cards or used Christmas wrapping paper
- Cardboard box
- Glue and Scissors
- Sticky back plastic or clear varnish
How to Make a Christmas Box Craft
- First of all cut out pictures from your used Christmas cards or wrapping paper. The pictures can be all shapes and sizes but as you cut them, think about how they might fit on your box.
- Lay some of the pictures on the top of your box in a random order trying to cover all the gaps. When you are happy with the layout, glue the pictures down.
- Continue this way, covering the sides of the box as well.
- Leave to thoroughly dry for a couple of hours and then cover with sticky back plastic or paint with clear varnish.
- There you have a beautiful and original storage box or it makes a great gift.
The kids will have a lot of fun making these boxes for Christmas.
You Might Also Like
More kids party craft ideas
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Christmas Box Craft