Easy Easter Cookies
Kid's Cookies for Their Easter Party
I just love this easy Easter cookies recipe. Not only do the cookies taste great but you can adapt the recipe by altering the spices (eg. ginger, lemon peel, cinnamon) and change the decorations and shapes of the biscuits to suit any kid's party.
These decorated cookies are always a hit at my kid's Easter party!
Make some for your kids party and see the look on all the kids faces at the party. They will keep coming back for more!
Ingredients for Easy Easter Cookies
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes about 15-20
2 Baking sheets
Orange rind grater and juicer
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small orange - grated rind and 1 tbsp. juice
- Icing sugar
- Food coloring
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Lightly dust the baking sheets with flour.
- Put the flour and sugar in large mixing bowl. Cut butter into small pieces, then rub into the flour until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the orange rind and juice, then mold the mixture into a ball with your hands.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough lightly. Roll out the dough until 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick, then stamp out your biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter.
- If you don't have the right cookie cutter, make a template with a piece of strong card.
- Arrange the shapes about 1 inch apart on 2 baking sheets and place in the oven for approximately 10 mins or until pale golden in color. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then carefully loosen with a palette knife.
- Now comes the really fun bit. Make up the icing by mixing some icing sugar with a little water and food coloring and then let your imagination run wild.
Having the kids decorate them with their own personal touch will make them very proud to serve at their Easter party. You could even have this as an activity for the kids at the party. Have them all decorate one cookie and then they can eat it or you can put it in their treat bag to take home and show their parents.
Need Some Cookie Cutters for Your Cookies?
If you need some cookie cutters for making cookies for Easter, Amazon has a lot to choose from. Check out their large selection.
More Themed Party Ideas
Kid’s Party Ideas
Easter Party Cookies