These Easter Cupcakes are simple to make, delightful to look at and delicious to eat!
The basic cake mix is very easy to do and then you just need a little bit of imagination for decorating them.
It is something the kids could easily do with your assistance and they would look great on the table at any EASTER PARTY.
If you have the cupcakes already made, you can make an activity for all the kids to do at the party. They would have a great time decorating them and eating them.
Share your cupcake recipe below for everyone to enjoy.
Ingredients for Easter Cupcakes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 12
Equipment: patty tin, cupcake cases, bowl, wooden spoon, sieve,
- 1 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft margarine or butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
For the decorating:
- 5/8 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- few drops food coloring
- Sprinkles, sugar flowers or other cake decorations
How to Make These Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C.
- Prepare your paper cakes cases by placing them in the patty tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well, preferably with an electric hand mixer. If the mixture doesn't fall off a wooden spoon easily when tapped on the side of the bowl, then add 1-2 teaspoon of warm water. Mix again.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake papers filling each one about two thirds full.
- Bake on the center shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or until the cakes are risen and are a golden color on the outside.
- Leave the cakes to fully cool on a wire rack.
To make the icing:
- Beat the butter in a bowl until soft and pale yellow.
- Add the sifted icing sugar and beat again. If the icing seems very stiff you can add 1 -2 tablespoons of milk.
- Add your food coloring if using, following the instructions on the coloring label.
- Using a spoon or icing bag, ice the tops of your cakes with the butter cream and then decorate with sugar flowers or sprinkles.
My Favorite Party Cakes Cookery Books
Other Useful Links
Home > Cookies and Treats
Have You Got a Great Recipe That You Want To Share?
If you have a great recipe for kids cookies, cakes or drinks, then come on down and share it!
> Easter Cupcakes