Easter Meringue Nests
These delicious Easter Meringue Nests are great for a KIDS EASTER PARTY or if you are having family round for tea.
They are quick and easy to make and what is great is that if you are pushed for time you can buy most of the ingredients and then it is just a question of assembling the meringue nests which takes no time at all.
Ingredients for Easter Meringue Nests
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 75 minutes
Makes about 15
Equipment: 2 large bowls, hand whisk or electric whisk, large spoon or tablespoon, baking tray, silicone paper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups double or whipping cream
- Small chocolate eggs
How to Make Easter Meringue Nests
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F and cover a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Sieve the icing sugar and cream of tartar into a bowl.
- Separate the white and yolks of the eggs into - you will only need to use the egg whites. Place the egg whites into a large clean bowl.
Note: Be careful not to get any of the yolk mixed in with the egg whites as otherwise, they will not whisk properly.
- Using an electric mixer (or hand whisk if you have the energy), whip up the egg whites until they form stiff peaks .
- Whilst still whisking, gradually add the sugar and cream of tartar adding one tablespoon at a time.
- Whisk until the meringue mix is thick and glossy.
- Using a tablespoon place dollops of the meringue on your baking tray. Try to keep the meringues in a round shape and use the spoon to create a dip in the center.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes then turn the over down to 110C/225F and cook for a further 1 hour. The meringues should then be crispy on the outside but slightly chewy on the inside.
- Leave the meringues in the oven, turn the oven off and allow them to fully cool. When cool, store them in an airtight tin.
- To assemble your meringue nests, whip up the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fill each meringue nest with some of the whipped cream and then top with small chocolate Easter eggs. It is best to do this at the last minute unless you have lots of fridge space to store the assembled meringues and cream.
Favorite Party Food Cookery Books
Home > Cookies and Treats
Have You Got a Great Recipe That You Want To Share?
If you have a great recipe for kids cookies, cakes or drinks, then come on down and share it!
> Easter Meringue Nests