Edible Play Dough
If you're looking for an edible play dough recipe then this honey dough recipe could be just the thing.
Not only is it quick and cheap to make but as it is edible it is safe for little kids who like to eat such things!
Having a play dough table set up is a great party activity for the under 5 year old.
They can play with it while waiting for all the guests to arrive or when you want a break from organised party activities and games.
Warning: This recipe contains peanuts so it is not suitable for those allergic to nuts. An alternative nut-free recipe is KOOL AID PLAY DOUGH.
Ingredients For Edible Play Dough
Time to prepare : 5 minutes
Equipment needed : Work surface, large bowl, measuring cup
- Half cup of smooth peanut butter
- Quarter cup of honey
- Half cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
How to Make This Play Dough
- Place all the play dough ingredients into the mixing bowl. Then mix them all together using your hands until it forms a soft dough. That's all there is to it!
- When not in use, store the honey play dough in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep for about 2 weeks.
- Before you want to use the dough, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. This will help make it more pliable for little hands.
- Let the kids shape the dough with their hands or cookie cutters and then decorate with raisins, seeds, chocolate chips, sprinkles etc.
When the kids are done playing with the play dough and decorating it, they will also have fun eating it. What a fun treat this will make for them.
You could also make this as a party favor for the kids and they could take it home to play with. Decorate some small containers, put it in their party bag and the kids will love it.
If you have any crafts for preschoolers, submit them in our games category and we will list them for preschoolers.
Tip: Cover the floor with plastic and have bowls ready for hand washing as it can get quite sticky.
You Might Also Like
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Edible Play Dough