Kool Aid Play Dough
Kool aid play dough is so easy to make and it provides so much fun!
Your play dough will come out the color of the Kool Aid so you could have a whole rainbow of colored balls of dough for the kids to play with.
This recipe contains a lot of salt so it's not very good for little kids who might nibble on it.
In which case you might prefer my EDIBLE HONEY PLAY DOUGH.
Ingredients For Kool Aid Play Dough
Skill: Easy although adult supervision is needed when using the stove
Time to prepare : 20 minutes
Equipment needed : Large saucepan, wooden spoon, heat source, heat proof work surface
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar
- 1 packet of Kool Aid powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
How to Make This Play Dough
- Place the flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid in the saucepan. Slowly add the oil and water.
- Then over a medium heat, stir the mixture until it starts to thicken.
- Once it is thick and all the liquid is absorbed, tip the dough onto a heat proof work surface.
- Let the play dough cool slightly and then start to knead it till everything looks well mixed and you have a nice soft, pliable dough.
- Store the play dough in an airtight container. It should keep for a month or more.
The kids will get hours of entertainment from playing with this play dough.
You can make it ahead of time and get some small containers with air tight lids and give them as party flavors in their treat bags.
Tip: I would discourage the kids from eating the play dough as it does contain quite a lot of salt. Try this edible play dough recipe for the younger kids just in case they do eat it.
Play Dough Recipe Books
Looking for more recipes to make play dough? Here are some great books to help you out.
Easy, fun, and great for entertaining the kids at parties.
You Might Also Like
Gooey, gunk Slime
Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
Edible Honey Play Dough
More kids party craft ideas
> Kool Aid Play Dough