Stained Glass Window Craft
An easy Stained Glass Window Craft for kids to make.
I so remember making these as a child and my bedroom window was a mirage of colored paper. If I didn't have colored paper I used the clear colored wrappers that you often get round sweets such as Quality Street chocolates.
Time: 30 minutes
Stained Glass Window Craft - What You Need
- Black construction paper
- Different colored tissue paper or colored cellophane
- Craft Knife (adult use only)
Stained Glass Window Craft - How to Make
- First of all draw on your black construction paper how you want your stained glass window to look. Think about whether you just want to have random shapes, an organised pattern or whether you would like an actual image of something. Make sure to leave a border of 1/2 - 1cm around each shape as in the image on the right.
- Get an adult to cut out the shapes using the craft knife. You could use scissors if the shapes aren't too small and fiddly.
- Place the black paper on a flat surface and glue the tissue paper over the cut out holes. You will probably have to trim the pieces of tissue paper so that they don't overlap each other.
- Allow to fully dry and then tape your stained glass window to a real window and see how the light floods through the colored tissue paper.
You Might Also Like
More kids party craft ideas
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
> Stained Glass Window Craft