I love playing the pinata game at a birthday party. Learn these simple pinata rules for a 'whacking' good time!
Pinata Rules - What You Need
Pinata filled with sweets/trinkets - Make or buy a Pinata
Stick or bat
Somewhere to suspend the Pinata
Plenty of space
Pinata Rules - How to Play
- Using the instructions that came with your pinata, attach the Pinata to a tree branch, beam, climbing frame or any other suitable hanging place.
- Place the Pinata at a height that will allow it to swing freely and where the guests can reach it with the stick.
- Line the children up at least 4 meters from the Piñata.
- Blindfold the first child and give him the stick.
- Bring the hitter within a meter of the Pinata and ask him to try and hit it with the aim of breaking it. Older kids could also be turned round a couple of times on the spot so that they are a bit disoriented. This makes it harder for them to know where the pinata is.
- Each child then gets a turn or possibly several, to try and hit the pinata. I normally find that the children are a bit unsure and timid at first but once they get the hang of it, there is no stopping them!
- Pay Attention : Don't let the children who are waiting in line move forward towards the hitter, as a blindfolded child with a swinging bat can be pretty dangerous.
- As soon as the Pinata breaks open and the treats shower down, the children can scramble to pick up the goodies.
- It can turn into quite a scrum which can be a bit frightening for the younger children, so make sure that you have a bit of control over the scramble and that everyone gets their fair share of the treats.
You May Also Like
Kids Party Home > Party Crafts
> Pinata Rules