Fruit Slushie Recipe
On those hot days or when the kids need a cool down, try this fruit slushie recipe. It really is a thirst quencher and the kids love it.
This homemade slushie recipe is really easy and fun to make.
You can adjust the quantities of sugar and lemon juice to suit your tastes and it looks great served in tall glasses with lots of ice and a straw.
And don't forget to add some fruit for garnish to make it a little fancy for the kids.
Ingredients for This Slushie
Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus cooling time
Serves : 12 cups
Equipment : Saucepan, wooden spoon, freezer proof plastic container
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 x 46-ounce can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 medium banana's mashed
- Ginger ale/sprite/7 Up - chilled
How to Make a Fruit Slushie
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and dissolve over a gentle heat.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the fruit juices.
- Stir fruit juice mixture and sugar syrup together and pour into a freezer proof plastic container.
- Let it freeze for a couple of hours or until ice crystals are beginning to form. Then remove from the freezer and give it good mix with a hand held electric beater.
- Return to the freezer and repeat step 4 a couple more times. You want the mix to look slushy rather than creamy smooth.
- Now freeze it overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- When you are ready to make the slushie, remove the mix from the freezer and let it stand for half an hour to soften it up a bit.
- Scrape a large spoonful of slushie and put it in a cup/glass. Top with ginger ale or other carbonated soft drink.
- Add a spoon or bendy straw and have the kids (and adults) drink it immediately!
Add pieces of fruit for garnish either in the slushies or hanging off the sides of the glass.
This is a great kid's party drink that they won't be able to forget.
Kid's Party Drink Recipes
If you feel your kids have too many sugary drinks and you want some alternatives, then have a look at these books which is full of healthy but fun smoothies and fruity drinks.
The kids will love them and it will be more entertainment for them at the party.
Home > Savory Food
> Fruit Slushie