Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
If your kids like tomatoes then these cream cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes will be a real treat. They look so nice and bright, they always grab the kids attention.
These make a great appetiser or finger food for any party you might have, even adults will love the fact they can just pop them in their mouth with no mess.
Ingredients for Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- Small cherry tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- Single cream (1-2 tablespoons)
- Finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- real Bacon
- Egg mayonnaise
- Mashed tuna with mayonnaise
- Any cheese spreads
- Bought Sandwich fillings
How to Make Stuffed Tomatoes
- Carefully slice a thin wedge off the bottom of each tomato. This is to help them stand upright on the plate. Make sure you only slice the skin/flesh as you don't want to make a hole in the bottom as otherwise the filling will fall through.
- Slice a slightly bigger wedge off the stalk end of each tomato.
- Using a small coffee spoon or paring knife, scrape out the inside of the tomatoes.
- Mash the cream cheese with a fork, adding a bit of cream if the mixture is very stiff. Add the chopped chives and seasoning and mix well.
- Using an icing bag with a fairly wide star nozzle, fill each tomato with the cream cheese filling.
- Keep them in the fridge or a cool place until you want to eat them.
Suggestion: Try and make these on the day that you want to eat them as otherwise the filling might go slightly liquidy.
Savory Party Food Cook Books
I have found it so hard to find just one cook book dedicated to kids savory party food.Most have lots of extra bits about planning and decorating that I don't necessarily want.
So I have done a bit of searching and come up with the 3 that I consider the best in terms of savory kids party food ideas. Take your pick.
Home > Savory Food
> Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes