Photo Frame Craft
This Photo Frame Craft is super easy to do and makes a great gift or birthday party craft activity especially if you are having a CRAFT PARTY THEME.
It can be as easy or as complicated as you like so suits kids of all ages. In fact my daughter has been making a photo frame for her dad every Christmas since she was about 8 years old - she is now 20!
Photo Frame Craft - What You Need
- Used birthday cards or any other cards
- Piece of thin cardboard (the size of your frame)
- Strip of strong card (for the stand)
- Craft glue
Photo Frame Craft - How to Make
- Look through all the old cards and choose one which is the same size as the frame that you want to make and which has a nice border on it. Cut off the part of the card which has any writing on it as you don't need that bit.
- Turn the card over so that the picture is facing downwards and then draw a rectangle or square about 2cm in from the edge of the card. Carefully cut out the rectangle or square. You now have the basic frame.
- From the piece of thin cardboard, cut out a shape that is exactly the same size as the frame. This will be the frame back. Don't cut out the center bit though.
- Carefully dab some glue along the edges of 3 sides of the frame and stick to the frame back. Make sure that you leave one side unstuck as you will need to slide the photo in there.
- To make the stand, cut a strip of strong card which is about 3cm wide and not quite as long as the length of the frame. Gently make a 1cm fold at one end of the cardboard stand. Glue the folded 1cm piece of the stand to the back of the frame, making sure that when the stand is flat against the frame that it doesn't stick out over the edge of the frame. Leave it all to dry.
- When fully dry, insert your chosen photo.
That's all there is to it!
You Might Also Like
Soap on a Rope
Kids Party Home > Kids Crafts & Activities
T Shirt Painting
More kids party craft ideas
> Photo Frame Craft