Space Party Theme
This Space Party Theme is going to take the kids to a new dimension!
Venture to the Black Hole, run rings around Saturn and maybe ride the Star ship Enterprise as they shoot their way into space.....
A space birthday is one popular kid's party theme so read on and I will show you how to prepare it with lightning speed and ease. OK fasten those seat belts...three, two , one, BLAST OFF!
Need some space party decorations? Click here for some great ideas.
Space Party Theme Invitations
Your space party theme invitations could go something like this:
Calling astronaut X
You have been selected for a very special mission on the Starship Enterprise
Your Mission is to help Captain X celebrate his 8th Birthday.
Countdown will begin at exactly: 15h00 on 18th October 2012
On arrival please report to Mission Control at: Address
Here you will be given your space itinerary
RSVP to the Mother Ship
- Space Shuttle Ticket Invites
Design the space theme invites to look like tickets for a space shuttle ride at the NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) launch site. Include a ticket, boarding pass and a brochure of the destination.
- Solar System Invites
Download and print off a map of the solar system. Place an arrow on earth saying "YOU ARE HERE" and on the reverse write the party details.
- Rocket Blastoff Invites
Create a rocket template out of cardboard and use it to trace some rocket invitations on craft paper. Glue on a door and have the party details written inside the door. Attach some glow in the dark stars for decoration.
Space Party Activities
Method 1: Fill a small plastic film canister (the white ones work best) with one teaspoon of water. Quickly add one Alka-Seltzer tablet, put the lid on and place the canister on the floor with the lid side down. STAND WELL BACK. Wait about 10 seconds and whoosh! Your rocket should fly into the air.
Method 2: Put a small amount of baking soda (make it slightly moist with a few drops of water) in the dip on the inside cap of the film canister. Place a dessert spoon of vinegar in the canister and replace the lid taking care the baking soda doesn't fall out. Place the canister, lid side down on the ground and stand back. STAND WELL BACK. Wait a few seconds and then watch it shoot into the sky.
Create a Jet Pack
Beforehand collect as many empty cereal boxes as you have kids. Cover with plain black paper or silver foil and attach 2 pieces of elastic on one of the larger sides so as it resembles a backpack. Have the kids decorate their own jet pack with silver and gold stars and stickers. They can use the jet packs to store any treat and prizes they win during the party.
Personalized Moon Rocks
Collect some irregular and jagged shaped rocks. Allow the kids to personalise them with paint. They could paint them in random colors, put their names on or draw creatures from outer space.
Space Party Theme Games
Fancy a Moon rocket hunt, Space hop relay, Floating in space and many more space theme games, then CLICK HERE FOR A GALAXY OF SPACE PARTY GAMES.
Space Party Theme Food
Decorate the table to match your color theme e.g. silver, white, blue etc and then place balls of scrunched up silver foil among the food plates to resemble moon rocks. Suspend flying saucer paper plates from the ceiling. Here are some fun space party theme food ideas which I have given space names too.
- Moon Rocks - Mini meat balls on skewers
- Flying Saucers - Pizzas
- Planet Burgers - Hamburgers with all the fillings
- Re-hydration Fluid - Juices and soft drinks
- Astronaut Ice Cream - How cool is this!
- Space Shakes - Flavored Milk shakes
- Fizz Bomb Shakes - Pepsi or coke with a scoop of ice-cream floating on top
- Planet Cupcakes - Cupcakes decorated with colored frosting – yellow for Saturn, Venus and Pluto, orange for Mercury, red for Mars, brown for Earth, green for Uranus
- Shooting Stars - Star shaped cookies using my easy cookie recipe.
- Space Candy - Find space named candy such as 'Mini Mars Bars', 'Sherbet Spaceships'
- Mini Moon Rocks - Caramelized popcorn
- Planet Cake - Prepare a basic cake using a packet cake mix. Place the mixture in a basin mould and bake as per the instructions. When cooked and cooled, cover with brown or green frosting. Make the surface look a bit rough rather like the surface of the moon. Dot with small plastic spacemen figures and stick a flag on top with the birthday child's name and age. A quick and super cool cake!
Space Party Theme Favors and Prizes
Space party theme favor ideas might include:
- Posters and pictures of space
- Mini Space characters
- Rocket Balloons
- Sherbet Space Ships
- Glow in the dark planets and stars
- Space Pens - the ones that write in water and upside down
More Themed Party Ideas
Themed Party Ideas for Kids
Kids Party Themes